
So the Doctor said Connor's ears look excellent and his hearing is perfect. Jeff took him this morning and I was very pleased to know we did the right thing and it was a success!
Boy did I have a week to remember. The day after Connor had the surgery Jeff (who had be complaining of stomach pain for a few days) called me at home to let me know he was indeed driving himself to the nearest emergency room per the doctors order! They suspected that he had an Appendicitis. After a series of tests, a very long wait in the emergency room, Jeff called me again at home to say that he would be having surgery. Thankfully my mother had come into town to help me with the baby post-op so I was able to leave and be by Jeff's side. He finally went into surgery around 9:30pm and was out around 11:45pm. I slept in a chair by his bed. He had never had any surgery before so it was a bit surreal for him so being there is the only place I wanted to be. so both my boys had surgery a day apart, whew what a ride that was. He seems to be on the fast track to recovery. He had to stay out of work for about a week, very strange for him and me. I've had to be super mom for a few weeks now since he was unable to lift him, etc. Abdominal surgery is tough, I know! I have also accepted the fact that I married Jeff with an appendix and now he no longer has one, I guess I'll survive too. hee hee
No comments:
Post a Comment